- On this tour you will be travelling with no more than 16 other people – guaranteed!
- Our purpose-built minibuses have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country.
- Our itineraries are carefully planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road.
- As we travel in smaller vehicles, we normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach is prohibited from travelling.
- Additionally, as our group sizes are smaller we are able to spend more time out of the vehicle.
- We also employ only the very best driver/guides.
- Friendly and professional guides.
- Fully guided lecture standard tour.
- Entrance to Shakespeare’s Birthplace.
- Panoramic driving tour of Stratford-Upon-Avon, including visit to Anne Hathaway Cottage.
- Visit to Stow-on-the-Wold.
- Drive through Bourton on the Water and Burford.
- Guided walking tour of Oxford.
- Entry to Divinity School.
- Travel in executive, comfortable purpose-built mini coach from Central London.
- Maximum group size 16 people.
London Departure/Pick up Information
- 07.20AM Great Russell Street, outside British Museum main entrance; nearest tube stations are Holborn Station or Tottenham Court Road Station.
- 07.30AM Outside Cumberland Hotel, Marble Arch; nearest tube station is Marble Arch Station.
- 07.45AM Outside Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, 97 Cromwell Road, Kensington (wait on Cromwell road by bus stop, not outside hotel entrance. Short walk from Gloucester Road tube station).
Oxford Departure/Pick up Information
- Thursday departures 08.30AM Outside Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad Street, Oxford, MAP (you will be transferred by taxi to Oxford Services (South) where you will meet your guide at 9.AM from outside WH SMITH Newsagents inside the service station).
- Sunday departures 09:15AM Outside Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad Street, Oxford. OX1 3AS (MAP).
- This tour normally ends by 19.00pm in at London Victoria – or 17.30pm in Oxford.
- Available every Thursday and Sunday (new Wednesday departures for 2018).
If you intend to travel to our central London meeting points by public transport, you can plan your journey in advance on the Transport for London.
We prefer to spend your valuable time touring the places you have chosen to visit and we therefore offer a choice of 3 meeting points, which are easily accessible by public transport from all parts of London.
Many tours spend over an hour driving around the busy congested roads of London.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.