- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and on-board washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with us, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Departs Friday and returns on Sunday throughout the year.
- Most trips already include a host of bonus highlights and comprehensive sightseeing.
- There may also be an exciting array of Optional Experiences which will turn an already amazing experience into the trip of a lifetime!
- These are entirely optional and can be booked through your Travel Director/Local Representative at the commencement of your trips.
- Please note, many Optional Experiences are operated by independent third party suppliers, not us.
- The Optionals listed here are a guideline only and subject to change.
Fado is the wonderful, melancholy folk music for which Lisbon is famous, traditionally sung by a woman accompanied by two guitarists. We’ll enjoy the music and savour dinner in a typical Portuguese nightspot which specialises in beautiful and haunting Fado melodies. Wine is included.
Lisbon by Night
Drive to the Bairro Alto, the old quarter of Lisbon, to admire the beautiful views over the city. Then take a funicular ride to the downtown Baixa area where cobblestones sparkle in the light of the shops, bars and cafes. Returning to your hotel, you’ll pass monuments and buildings, lit up in all their glory.
Seafood Dinner by the Tagus River
Across the mighty Tagus River are some of Lisbon’s famous seafood restaurants and wonderful views of the city from afar. Board your ferry across the wide blue waters for a delightful evening of Portuguese seafood and fish specialities. After dinner, even more sweeping views over the Portuguese capital, as you return to your hotel via the impressive suspension bridge.
Cascais, Estoril and Queluz Excursion
Like the Kings of Portugal before you, travel along the Portuguese Riviera to the glamorous resort of Cascais and the Queluz Palace – veritable jewels in the crown of Portugal. Then, we’ll return to Lisbon via the wealthy playground of Estoril with its famous Casino and learn of the inspiring people who frequented Portugal’s Golden Triangle.
Madrid Royal Palace
The Royal Palace of Madrid is Spain’s most sumptuous and impressive royal residence, jam packed with the riches and glory of Spanish history. Join a local historian to explore the extensive collection of armoury, porcelain, tapestries, gilt mirrors, works of art and period furniture. Highlights include the gold and scarlet Throne Room and magnificent State Apartments. A rare and enlightening look into the history and lifestyle of the Spanish monarchy.
Cordoba and the Mezquita
Join your local expert for a walking tour of the perfectly preserved Moorish city of Cordoba. The highlight is undoubtedly the magnificent Mezquita, an 8th-century mosque with a Cathedral built inside. Walk with your guide through the forest of horseshoe shaped arches to the Baroque choir stalls of the Cathedral and the richly ornamented Mihrab prayer niche.
Tapas Dinner in Seville with a Horse and Carriage Ride
Seville is Spain’s most majestic city and an evening out is a must! Tonight we’ll enjoy a lovely array of traditional Andalusian specialities, served in a local restaurant with wine, beer and soft drinks included. After a wonderful meal we’ll then finish with a magnificent horse and carriage ride through the old town of Seville which is especially magical in the evening.
What meals are included?
Breakfast is included on all overnight tours. Lunches are not included, unless otherwise stated. Evening meals are included when stated on the tour itinerary. On tours of seven days or more, generally fifty percent of dinners are included. Please check the itinerary page for exact details.
Where does the trip depart from?
Each UK trip will have a dedicated pick up point in central London. Shorter duration trips will normally depart from Victoria Coach Station, with longer duration trips leaving from the London Reception Centre, near to Waterloo train station. Departure points will be confirmed before booking a tour.
Can I get picked up from my hotel?
Pick up from hotels is not possible. You will need to make your own way to the departure point. However some tours do have a designated hotel departure, which you can stay in prior to the trip. Please ask at time of booking for departure points and we can direct you to local hotels.
Are entrance fees included?
Entrance fees are included where specified on the itinerary.
Can I pay in dollars?
All tours are quoted and charged in pounds sterling, but you can pay using your local card and currency. We will debit the card in pounds sterling and your bank will use their exchange rate at that time to deduct the amount in your local currency.
What time does the trip leave and return?
Departure times will vary depending on the itinerary. European tours departing from London will usually leave between 05.00am and 07.00am. Multi day UK tours will leave between 06.00am and 07:30am. Day trips will depart between 07.00am and 09.00am. European and worldwide tours that start in an overseas city will have a welcome reception on day one of the tour which is usually around 18.00pm.
Return times vary depending on the itinerary. All the full day coach tours should be finished by no later than 19.00pm, traffic permitting. The train tours return between 20.00pm and 22.00pm. Longer duration trips will return between 16.00pm and 19.00pm. All times will be confirmed at time of booking.
Is this a definite/guaranteed departure?
A definite departure is guaranteed to operate for that given departure date. A trip that is not yet designated a definite departure is not yet guaranteed to operate based on current booking numbers. If a trip and departure date you are interested in is not yet definite, do not let this discourage you from booking. The more paid passengers received, the odds of the trip operating increase. In the slim case that the operator withdraw a trip you are booked on due to a lack of numbers, you are entitled to a full refund of any funds already paid towards the tour, or if flexible with your time, we can move you onto another departure.
Who travels on these tours, who else is booked?
Whilst we can not confirm exactly who else is booked on a tour, we can guarantee you will be travelling with fellow liked minded travelers who share a passion for travel, fun, adventure and discovery. All tours will be run by English speaking guides and age ranges will vary. The beauty of taking a guided holiday is you’ll have the opportunity to meet and travel with people from all over the globe.
Are transfers included from the airport?
In general, if you are joining or departing your guided holiday on the first or last day, return transfers between the airport and hotel are included (excludes itineraries starting and/or ending in London). You’ll find specific information on the itinerary’s page.
What optional excursions can I do and can I book them now?
Optional experiences are available on some tours. These are activities that are not automatically included, but offered during your trip to enhance your travel experience. These are all bookable whilst on the tour via your tour guide/travel director. These are payable by cash or card.