- This is a guaranteed cruise day trip transfer, and will operate on all of the dates listed above.
- We also offer a private taxi service available on any date, with standard, executive, MPV and minivans available for 1-7 people.
- In order that we can guarantee your booking, you will need to make payment in full.
- However, all cruise transfer/tours which are booked from this webpage, are not subject to cancellation charges up to 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the transfer/tour travel date.
- Within 41 days of your travel date, our normal booking conditions shall apply.
- The luggage allowance is 2 large cases per passenger (maximum 23kgs per case) plus 2 pieces of hand luggage (max 10kg per case).
- If you have more than this you must contact our office prior to travel.
- We do not carry outsize items (eg bicycles) and you MUST inform us in advance if you have a wheelchair, mobility vehicle etc.
Joining Procedure at Dover
- Nearly all cruises at Dover arrive between 05:00 and 06:00 in the morning, with disembarkation starting around 07:00.
- As you exit the cruise terminal you will meet your driver and there will be a typical walk of about 100 yards to the vehicle. We plan to leave Dover by 08:30.
- In the unlikely event your ship is delayed into port, we will delay our departure time accordingly (applicable only to the listed ships we service).
- For all delayed ship arrivals we will aim to leave at the latest one hour after docking (earlier if possible).
- If you would like to visit Canterbury and Leeds Castle, or enjoy a visit to Warner Bros The Making of Harry Potter Studio, as part of your cruise transfer to Heathrow and London, please see our fully guided day trip options.
Arrival in London and Heathrow
- We will drop passengers at Heathrow hotels and terminals 1-5 starting from 10:30.
- We will drop passengers in central London from 11:00.
- We cover all hotels in London city centre.
- We also drop at Victoria Coach/train station, Kings Cross/St. Pancras station and Paddington station.
- If your hotel is London city centre (zone 1) then we guarantee to drop you off at your chosen hotel.
- If your hotel is not in London city centre please email us before booking and we can advise if this service can drop at your hotel.
- If you are booking a Eurostar train you will need to allow one hour for check in, we recommend you do not book a Eurostar train departing before 13:30.
- If you have any questions about pickups and joining, or any aspect of this service, please email us
Flying From Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports?
- If you are flying from Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports we can drop you at Victoria Rail or Coach Station around 11:30/11:45, where there are frequent trains and airport buses to each airport.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.
Send a Message
Ask a Question