- Please note that Stonehenge reserve the right to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control such as poor weather conditions where they fear the ground and monument may be subject to damage from footfall. While this is rare to date, if it does happen it will most likely be in the winter.
- Cumberland Hotel (Main entrance)Millennium Gloucester (Casino Entrance)customer will confirm later.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used
- Please note at certain times due to the long summer daylight hours it is not possible to see the actual sunset but we arrive as early as possible to enjoy our private tour inside the stones.
- Amendment and cancellations must be made at least 8 days before the date of travel to avoid a 100% cancellation/amendment fee.
- Private viewing of Stonehenge and access into the stone circle.
- Visit to Lacock (with optional dinner in 14th century classic country pub George Inn in Lacock).
- Entry to Roman Baths and Pump Rooms.
- Return Transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach.
- Professional Guide.
- Free Wi-Fi on board.
- Hotel collections: Cumberland Hotel 10.45am, Millennium Gloucester 11.10am.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.
Send a Message
Ask a Question