- In order that we can guarantee your booking, you will need to make payment in full.
- However, all cruise transfer/tours on dates which are booked from this web-page are not subject to any cancellation charges up to 42 days (6 weeks) before the transfer/tour date.
- Within 41 days, our standard booking conditions shall apply.
- The luggage allowance is 2 large cases per passenger (maximum 23kgs per case) plus 2 pieces of hand luggage (max 10kg per case).
- If you have more than this you must contact our office prior to travel.
- We do not carry outsize items (eg bicycles) and you MUST inform us in advance if you have a wheelchair, mobility vehicle etc.
- We also offer this service on selected dates for other ships on ‘repositioning’ cruises, and service available to passengers on other ships not listed if your dates coincide with ships listed above (eg P&O Britannia).
- We do not collect from Heathrow airport passenger terminals.
- If you are arriving into Heathrow on the morning of your transfer there are frequent ‘Hoppa Buses’ between passenger terminals and the main airport hotels. You will need to make your way from the airport terminals to the hotel reception areas below for collection:
- Arriving at Terminal 1, 2 or 3 – Please go to Park Inn Heathrow, Bath Road, UB7 0DU.
- Arriving at Terminal 4 – Please go to Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4, Hounslow, TW6 3AF.
- Arriving at Terminal 5 – Please go to Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5, Heathrow, TW6 2GD.
- From London and Heathrow hotels you must be ready for collection in the hotel reception area from the time stated on your e-ticket.
- We recommend you are ready 10 minutes before the stated time.
- On a small number of occasions we may alter the route/timings to ensure prompt arrival at the cruise terminal. This may be down to road closures, events in London.
- If we do amend the timings we will contact you in advance.
- There are four cruise terminals at Southampton.
- In normal circumstances you will arrive at Southampton by 13:00/13:30.
- At Southampton you will be dropped off at your cruise terminal and walk straight to the check-in desk.
- Porters will take care of your luggage, ensuring it is delivered to your cabin. Make sure you use the luggage label in your cruise pack to facilitate this.
- We guarantee to run this service on all dates listed. Book early to avoid disappointment; this is a very popular cruise transfer service.
- If your date is not listed above we can offer you a private transfer, available for 1 or more people.
- If you have any questions about pickups and joining, or any aspect of this service, please email us.
- If your hotel is at Heathrow airport, pickups will begin at 10:30.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.
Send a Message
Ask a Question